Monday 21 March 2011

LG Appliance problem - Lifes Good - Good question - or Lemon G ?

It's a good thing that I grew up learning how to camp in the great outdoors as now in the heart of Vancouver, home of the 2010 winter Olympics,  a completely wonderful modern city, I must now camp on my balcony.   or at least keep my food out as such...   My $2500 ,2006 LG refridgerator, icemaker/freezer has yet again gone to the Appliance Doctor, Transglobal Service (2 years ago it went in for a major repair).   Transglobal is apparenly the largest service repair provider in Canada and claims to be the best; ....  and.... 3 weeks...   it has taken to evaluate and prescribe a solution.  ...3 weeks!!....apparently a complete fridge "meltdown" or rather failure is considered an emergency....gee....  glad I know how to camp !   

I have been trying to contact LG ,  and finally after many emails and phone  and eventually a Face Book posting on the LG Canada Wall drew some slight attention to which they requested a "Private Communication"    Please Note:   I have not heard back from them  (LG Face Book Marketing Wall) since they asked me to "Off Wall" or rather "WALL OFF". 

My problem or rather complaint is not that my fridge failed,  as things understandably do,  but that no one seems to care .  Is it usual and acceptable that a fridge or any appliance for that matter , should fail twice under warranty? ...and not just minor failure... as what am I left with?    .... but just a box when all is said and done....  I havent' given up on LG as I have several other LG appliances and items,   I would like some sort of resolution ,  obviously my appliance is unique, or rather hope it is unique in its challenges or lack there of .  does anyone else have any Lifes Good Experiences or Lemon Grade ones ?

I have been calm , I have been patient and somewhat humourous at times,   and still am , however,  my complaint is not with the fridge but with the service and communication. 
I do hope that I will not have to endure a 4th weekend without.

I welcome any comments and  feedback , 
does anyone else have an LG to speak of  Good Bad or Ugly ?

LG
Truly Today LIFE'S  not GOOD it is abnormally LEMOND GRADE !   :(            (sour face)     ...  lol :)    ...
Cheers

2 comments:

  1. I had an LG phone that was still good after 6 years and we have a stacking LG washer & dryer which still seem to be OK.

    With a major meltdown of every major part, you's think they would provide you with a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having similar problems with my 2009 LG glass top range.
    I loss the use of my oven only though. Naturally, the warranty period had expired so I called the LG specified service company to come out and fix it.
    They were super except for the wait time for an appointment. (8 days)
    Range was fixed but after using the oven a 2nd time, the same problem started up again. Service people came out within couple days but couldn't figure out why this part kept burning out. Tech replaced it again. 4 months later and I am at the mercy of this same problem. I will say that my interaction with both LG and the service company have been great but I'm still left without answers as to why this problem keeps happening. Apparently this part that keeps burning out should last the life of the range itself. So far to date I have spent more than 1/2 the cost of the range on repairs. LG did offer to cover the parts cost on my current repairs.
    For now, it's a wait and see what happens situation. my feeling is that it's a defective part somewhere.
    LG CSR staff have been helpful as have their service people.
    For the record, I also own 2 LG flat screen tv's 42 and 47 as well as 2 cellphones. Haven't had any issues with either items to date.
    I would say overall that I would continue to buy the LG brand but that may change once I get my range issue resolved. I'll keep you posted on what happens. Funny thing is I could have purchased an exact new range for the money that I have already spent trying to fix the one I have. The price has dropped by half!!!!

    ReplyDelete